Tuesday, July 24, 2007

passions for wednesday written on tuesday

I'm writing tomorrow's blog today as I have just remembered that I am leaving too early to write it tomorrow! Ok this is a prophetic blog - tomorrow I will be attending an mcps-prs-alliance Board meeting - don't ask me what that is, I wrote about it in yesterday's blog - well the one I have just written today, but when you read this as tomorrow's blog it will seem like yesterday! Terrific stuff going on at the Alliance - lots of schemes and web functionality to make it really easy to licence music whenever, however, wherever you use it - and yes, sorry, but you do have to pay when you use music otherwise the guys and girls who created the music (composers of course) don't earn from their works. After that, have to spend some time preparing for Cambridge Clarinets. Now if you think I'm passionate about music, you should meet this bunch. Yes it is the annual weekend with nigh on 20 hours of playing music by Bach, Bedford, Coleridge Taylor, Hart and Wilson - and, yes, right again, lots of contemporary composers there. In fact you can check out David Bedford's website and buy his CDs on tutti we do after all, as our strapline says, bring you closer to classical. Enough prophetic blogging, but don't forget, even though the date says tuesday, this is really Wednesday 25th July. More on Thursday. KBO, Sarah

No comments: